There is no shortage of people who claim to have all the answers in terms of weight loss meal planning. However, there are also a lot of “experts and trainers” that do not give exact information on dieting.
Max Posternak from Gravity Training Zone – Fat Loss Experts does a good job of breaking down which foods are the best foods for weight loss without the typical fluff.
His key points are:
- Portion Control. Portion size is probably the biggest determining factor of whether you’ll lose weight or not.
- No Junk. Eat natural mostly single-ingredient foods.
- Good Carbs. Eat low glycemic carbs such as brown rice, yams, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, quinoa, beans, legumes, lentils, all bran, Ezekiel cereals and bread, and brown rice pasta with portion size in mind.
- High Protein. Try to get about one gram of protein per pound of body weight when trying to burn fat. Good sources of protein for fat loss include fish especially whitefish, chicken breast, turkey breast, lean turkey, shellfish, greek yogurt, lean pork, cottage cheese, tofu, eggs, and especially egg whites.
- Fabulous Fats. Aim to eat healthier fats such as avocados, salmon, egg yolks, nut butter, organic butter, olive oil, nuts, and coconut oil.
All of these tips are dependent upon your weight and are optimized as part of a healthy diet that exercises moderation.